Skip to main content

Embracing the Dream

As I sit down to write, the sound of my children's laughter echoes from the doorway, filling our home with warmth and joy. Being a stay-at-home mom isn't just something I stumbled into—it's been my dream for as long as I can remember. Today, I want to share a glimpse into my world, a world where I'm living out a lifelong dream with all its highs, lows, and everything in between.

From the moment I first held my baby in my arms, I knew that I was stepping into the life I had always longed for. While others might have dreamed of becoming doctors or dancers, my heart was set on one thing: motherhood. Each smile, each milestone my children reach, fills me with a sense of purpose and fulfillment I never knew was possible.

Being a stay-at-home mom isn't about giving up a career; it's about embracing my true calling. I have the privilege of shaping and nurturing my children’s lives, of witnessing their growth and discoveries firsthand. In a world that often measures success by titles and achievements, I've found my own kind of success in the simple, yet profound, moments of motherhood.

But, like any dream worth pursuing, it isn't always easy. There are days when exhaustion takes over, when the demands of motherhood feel overwhelming. On those days, it might seem easier to send them off to school, but I remind myself that I thrive on challenges—and guiding my 6-year-old and 4-year-old through their learning is the most rewarding challenge of all.

As my children grow and change, so do I. Parenthood is a journey of constant evolution, a journey of learning to adapt and embracing the unknown. I've realized that motherhood doesn't get easier; it simply changes. But within those changes, I find comfort in a love that is boundless and unwavering.

So here I am, reminding myself to embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood with open arms. The days may be long, but the years are fleeting, and I am grateful for every moment I spend with my little ones. Being a stay-at-home mom is not just what I do—it's who I am. It’s a dream fulfilled, a purpose realized, and a love that knows no bounds.

In the end, living out my lifelong dream of being a stay-at-home mom has been more rewarding than I ever imagined. To all the dreamers out there, may you find fulfillment in the dreams you hold closest to your heart. And to all the moms living out their dreams each day, know this: you are seen, you are appreciated, and you are making a difference—one cuddle at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tough Days are Still Beautiful

 Today was off to a rough start but as I’m sitting on my couch typing this I am watching my son finally smile and laugh at me. We’ve had a hard last couple of days, not sleeping, lots and lots of fussing, constantly needing to be held. Not sure if it’s a growth spurt, teething or a upset tummy but whatever it is I wish I could take it away. The worst feeling is not being able to do anything for him. Then there are moments like this, when we have no sleep we’re drained and exhausted, but Jeremiah just sits there smiling at me. It makes me forget about that last 48 hours and appreciate everything I have. I love him, I love my life, everything we have. I am so blessed. He is growing so fast, no longer my little new born.  I can’t believe he’s going to be six months in just a few short weeks. I would have sworn he’s said daddy and dada a couple times this week. It feels like Jeremiah has been around my whole life, I can’t think of what life was like before him but on the other hand I feel

Crisp Autumn Leaves

Autumn is my favorite season. The chill in the air, the crunch of leaves, the vibrant change in colors. Today there was running, smiling and laughing. Jumping, falling and getting back up. This is what we all needed.  My little sister, who's my closest friend, joined me and the boys on the spur of the moment park day and it was a blast. We went to Rock Springs to enjoy what Jeremiah calls, the tall green park! It’s one of my favorite places to be, it’s quiet there and peaceful which is what we need in life right now.  This was the first time that I actually went to the playground itself, usually I’d walk the path through the woods. It’s also my mom's favorite walking place, no surprise there, I am my mothers daughter.  But so the three of them ran around on the playground and yes I said three of them. Josiah, my youngest, insisted Rachel go up with him to help get to the third level. That little boy has everyone wrapped around his little finger and knows how to get what he want

You are not alone

There's been an unknown heaviness on my heart these past couple days I've struggled with and all it took was a simple kind gesture of a friend to gift me a beautiful cookie as a reminder of the baby I lost in pregnancy, not once but twice. It struck me in that moment just what I've been struggling with all week.  I'm not even sure my friend knew exactly what this would have meant to me, that the timing of her gift would hit me so hard, but I spent the next 30 minutes bawling alone in my car. I'm sitting here this morning sharing this cookie with my boys, remembering the babies I've lost, thinking of the newborn I would be holding in my arms this very moment if God had planned it otherwise.  I think it's particularly hard this week because exactly a year ago today I sat by this same old fireplace on a Monday morning watching my two year old and three year old run around playing and screaming, asking myself if this was really possible, could I be pregnant agai