Skip to main content

Crisp Autumn Leaves




Autumn is my favorite season.


The chill in the air, the crunch of leaves, the vibrant change in colors.


Today there was running, smiling and laughing. Jumping, falling and getting back up. This is what we all needed. 


My little sister, who's my closest friend, joined me and the boys on the spur of the moment park day and it was a blast. We went to Rock Springs to enjoy what Jeremiah calls, the tall green park!


It’s one of my favorite places to be, it’s quiet there and peaceful which is what we need in life right now. 

This was the first time that I actually went to the playground itself, usually I’d walk the path through the woods. It’s also my mom's favorite walking place, no surprise there, I am my mothers daughter. 

But so the three of them ran around on the playground and yes I said three of them. Josiah, my youngest, insisted Rachel go up with him to help get to the third level. That little boy has everyone wrapped around his little finger and knows how to get what he wants. 

When Josiah got to the first level and Rachel wasn’t following him, he shouted down at her, “Oh no, help me! I fell.” 

This had me absolutely rolling with laughter as he flopped himself onto the playground waiting for her to come up. It filled my heart with such joy. My babies are no longer babies but toddlers and little boys. Jeremiah is all about making deals and debating with you, so naturally that’s exactly what he did when I said it was time to go for a walk. 


“We go for a walk and then I get ten more slides before we leave.” He said and how could I say no? So we negotiated.

We settled on a short walk and five slides and that’s exactly what we did. They were a delight to take out today & my heart is happy and so are my boys. 


Today was a good day and I'm feeling very thankful. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tough Days are Still Beautiful

 Today was off to a rough start but as I’m sitting on my couch typing this I am watching my son finally smile and laugh at me. We’ve had a hard last couple of days, not sleeping, lots and lots of fussing, constantly needing to be held. Not sure if it’s a growth spurt, teething or a upset tummy but whatever it is I wish I could take it away. The worst feeling is not being able to do anything for him. Then there are moments like this, when we have no sleep we’re drained and exhausted, but Jeremiah just sits there smiling at me. It makes me forget about that last 48 hours and appreciate everything I have. I love him, I love my life, everything we have. I am so blessed. He is growing so fast, no longer my little new born.  I can’t believe he’s going to be six months in just a few short weeks. I would have sworn he’s said daddy and dada a couple times this week. It feels like Jeremiah has been around my whole life, I can’t think of what life was like before him but on the other hand I feel

Experiences > material things

  The holidays are right around the corner. Which means the gift giving season is upon us and it has me thinking back on past holidays of what was given and loved and this is the conclusion I came to. Experiences are hands down better than material things.  Memories like these are never forgotten. Time spent together as a family is something I will never be able to get enough of.  I was fortunate to have been both born into and married into incredible families. Most aren't as lucky as I am. Which is more reason to embrace experiences and make memories. Board and Brush was one of those things I will forever cherish. It was a gift given to us by Grandma Linda and I will always be thankful for. This was over two years ago and I still remember it so fondly.  In this case, her gift gave us both and experience and a material item. We all made our own sign or crate whatever it was we choose and was able to bring it home. I still have my sign to this day and I imagine I will keep it for ma